HOW TO PLAY
Congratulations, you are now a Wakbatter! The anticipation is over. You can now enjoy playing Wakbat with friends and family! It is meant to be played in the backyard, beach, or park; you can even play in the snow!
Wakbat is played 2 vs 2. Team 1 starts by throwing the ball into the wakbat goal. The defending team attempts to hit the ball away from the goal. The objective is to reach 50 points. (Must win by 20 points)
4 Players (two teams of two)
Play consists of four players divided into teams of two; the Throwers and the Hitters. Members of the same team stand at opposite goals. This simply means partners stand at opposite ends of the court. Games are typically played to 50, 70, or 100 points.
While throwing the ball, the Throwers must stand behind the goals (can be to either side) while Hitters attempt to hit the ball away from goal. Throwers alternate pitching the ball. If the Throwers throw the ball into the goal, they get 10 points and switch positions with the Hitters. Hitters cannot goal tend (cannot stand in front of the goal while Thrower is throwing).
Hitters must stand to the side of the goal and attempt to hit the ball away. When one Hitter hits the ball, (the Hitter must hit the ball past the middle of both goals to be able to run) both Hitters run to the center of the field (in the middle of the two goals) and touch bats. They then run back to goals to obtain 5 points, repeating this until one Thrower returns to their goal or touches a Hitter with the ball before they return to their goal. (if Hitters don’t touch bats when they run to the middle no points are gained.)
If the Hitter is not touching the goal when the Thrower returns to the goal with the ball or the Thrower touches the Hitter with ball, the teams switch positions and the Throwers gain 5 points. If the Thrower doesn’t throw the ball
into the goal or ball is missed by the Hitters, Hitters cannot run.
Note: The ball can bounce, roll, or just plain drop into the goal. It’s all fair game!
*Hint: (if still confused by Game Play, go watch our instructional video on the home page of the website).
HOW TO WIN
- (Throwers) Throw ball into goal – 10 points for Thrower
- (Throwers) If Thrower catches the ball after being hit, the throwing team gets 5 points and teams switch positions (Hitters become Throwers and vice versa)
- (Throwers) If Hitter strikes out (or gets touched by ball) – 5 points for Thrower
- (Hitters) Touch bats in center and return to goal – 5 points per touch
- If the Hitter gets hit with ball during pitch – 5 points for Hitter
- If Throwers get Hitters out before Hitter returns to base no points are gained
- If Hitters wak the ball into opposite goal – Automatic win
- (for backyard play only) If Hitter hits ball over fence - 15 points for Hitting team
- The winning team has to reach 50 points
- If longer game desired, you can play to 70 or 100
- If ball bounces off of Hitter into goal the goal does not count
Advanced Play Rules:
If the Throwers are not able to throw the ball into goal or near goal in 8 consecutive turns, they lose 5 points, and continue throwing.
The hitting team gets 3 strikes. When you reach the 3 strikes, the Hitters and Throwers switch. If Hitters have 2 strikes and hit the ball and are able to touch bats and return to goal the strike count restarts at 0. When Hitters touch bats, the strike count restarts at 0. (If Hitters swing and miss the ball 3 times (between the two of them) its 3 strikes and Throwers and Hitters switch places.)
Hitters cannot score more than 50 consecutive points in the same round. If Hitters score more than 50 points in two consecutive hits, Throwers and Hitters switch positions.
- 3 Vs. 3 mode play with outfield players. The outfielders are on the team of the throwers they play to help retrieve the ball.
Wakbat is Highly Addictive!
Now on a more serious note, for games best use and product life-do not use balls or bats for other sports (ie, don’t use baseballs or other hard balls with bats. Also, bats are not for spanking children, sword fighting, or swatting flies.
Have fun and enjoy Wakbat! Thank you for your support
Send Pictures and videos of yourself playing Wakbat to @wakbatco on Instagram and you’ll be featured!